- You must be 15 years old before the last day of class.
- You will swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- You will tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs.
- You will have a 1 minute 40 seconds to complete the weight retrieval: Swim 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet, pick up a 10# weight, surface, swim back 20 yards holding the object with both hands, and exit the pool without using a ladder.
- Online course portion must be completed prior to meeting first night.
Successful completion of all prerequisites must be accomplished on the first night. Those who do not fully complete all prerequisites will not be allowed to continue with the course.
Once the prerequisites are verified we will begin class.
GRIT Training Center, 2625 Courthouse Circle (off Lakeland Drive), Flowood, MS 39232
If there are any changes in class schedule, times, or location, they will be provided to each student in writing the first night of class.